It’s been a long week of reading through all the amazing pitches. Our wonderful readers have narrowed the slush, and your game hosts have chosen sixty pitches for the game. For those of you not familiar with Pitch Madness, it’s a contest where agents compete in a game against their peers for pitches. This time the game is . To meet the slush readers, agent insiders, and the blog teams go here. And you find out more about the amazing agents playing the game on this post here.
Welcome to the Billiard room!
You are cordially invited to a private gathering at the Pitch Madness manor, where your presence would be most welcome in the solution of a murder most foul. Villainous deeds abound as the culprits are killing to get their hands on the most valuable pitches. At the bottom of each pitch’s post, there will be a clue to solving the dastardly deed for that pitch. The agent who out sleuths the other agents will win the request. The agents guess what weapon was used in the crime to make a request. All requests are partials, but if more than three agents try to solve the crime, the request becomes a full. To find out more about how the game will be played, go to this post here.
Here are the pitches you’ll find in our Billiard room or just scroll down to see them all:
- R-1: PHOEBE THE FATABULOUS (MG CONTEMPORARY)
- R-2: RELATIVE VALUES (WOMEN’S FICTION)
- R-3: A SERPENT IN THE GARDEN (YA HISTORICAL MYSTERY)
- R-4: THE FIREDRAKE (YA FANTASY)
- R-5: LEAVING PEACESYLVANIA (YA CONTEMPORARY)
- R-6: WHERE ALL THE MISSING PIECES GO (YA FANTASY/STEAMPUNK)
- R-7: THE TASTE OF TURF (MG CONTEMPORARY)
- R-8: POX (YA FANTASY)
- R-9: AFTERMATH (YA CONTEMPORARY)
- R-10: SATELLITE HEARTS (YA SCIENCE FICTION/THRILLER)
- R-11: BLAKE: KEEPER OF SECRETS (MG LOW FANTASY)
- R-12: PLACED (YA HISTORICAL)
- R-13: LIV ON FIRE (YA THRILLER)
- R-14: JANUARY RESOLUTION (ADULT MYSTERY)
- R-15: FOLLOWING INFINITY (MG CONTEMPORARY)
- R-16 (AGENT INSIDER PICK): HUNGER – THE LIFE OF JIN (ADULT LITERARY)
Comments are set to moderation so the agents won’t see their competitors’ bids. Please no comments other than those from the agents. After the game we’ll release the moderation and let you all comment on the entries. We’ll reveal the agent requests on March 20 at 12:00PM (that’s noon) EDT.
Please note: We will email submission details for all requests by the agents. After the contest, agents will make requests to us for the pitches they loved and did not win.
Congratulations to those who’ve made it into the game! For those who haven’t made it (and whoever else wants to join us), we are hosting a Twitter Pitch Party on March 25 from 8AM to 8PM EDST on the hashtag #PitMad.
How do you twitter pitch? You can find all the details here.
Go to the other hosts’ blogs to read all the winning pitches …